Monday, August 10, 2015

WIWO - 8/10/2015

I felt like I had "Stitchers ADD" this week since I wasn't really able to stick with any one project after finishing the finger puppets.

First, I started a bell outlined in black as a card for WOCS, but only got part of the outline done when I temporarily lost interest.
I don't have a picture of what it's supposed it's supposed to look like because the only picture in the magazine is the chart and I didn't want to use that, but what you see is a leaf and part of the bell.

Next, I've joined the Christmas Ornie SAL 2015 organized by Kaye and the theme for August is Santa Claus or Mrs. Santa.  I spent quite a bit of time looking through magazines and then decided to look through my stash instead.  I finally chose this one.  It's a very old kit that has been in my stash for years.

 I finished the face and beard and now just need to complete his hat and attach it to his face.
Finally, I wanted something to stitch at the Angels game and the bell still wasn't doing it for me, so I looked at the freebies that came with some of my UK magazines and decided on this little guy.
 It will be sent to Q4OC to be made into an ornament to be sold as a fundraiser.  The only progress I made was during the game, but I finished the black and started the white.

I hope to finish all three of these projects this week, but unfortunately, there are other things calling my name as well.

2 comments:

Jo said...

With the Sanras face why is it a seperate piece. Why do you have to attach the next piece to his face. Isn't it done in one piece

Cathy said...

It's done in two pieces and then you either sew or glue them together. I guess it's to give a dimensional look.