Friday, May 13, 2016

Happy Dance - New York City Scape

Started: 5/7/2016
Finished: 5/13/2016
Satsuma Street

It's from an older Cross Stitch Crazy magazine, but since I'd torn out the chart, I don't know which issue.

It's stitched on 14-count white Aida with the called for DMC with only two small changes.  I changed the taxi's wheels from 318 to 310 and the antenna on the Empire State Building from white to 747 so that they'd show better.  (It was meant to be stitched on black Aida.)

This will be mailed to WOCS (World of Charity Stitching) on Monday for their Travel theme.   I also just realized that it should count as part of the Americana SAL, too.  After all, what's more American than the Statue of Liberty?


4 comments:

Lynette said...

It looks great, Cathy - wonderful for the Travel quilt!

Carol said...

That looks great, Cathy--such fun colors! I just gave my son's girlfriend the Satsuma Street Pretty Little Tokyo chart for her birthday and she is really enjoying it...

Bea said...

Terrific finish!

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish!