Monday, February 6, 2017

Weekly Update - 2/6/2017

I worked on four pieces this week including three new starts.

Big Trees
I only stitched for one evening on this one, but I found and fixed the error in the first column.  I started this one for the Full Coverage on the Fifth SAL in Stitch Maynia, but I've also been stitching it on Thursdays.  Unfortunately, I completely forgot about stitching it on Sunday, the fifth of this month.  Last Monday it was here:
 Today, it is here:
Darth Vader
This is one of my new starts: Darth Vader (not sure of the actual name) from Natalineedlework.etsy.com I'm stitching this on 25-count Lugana in Twixt and Tween from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. My daughter gave me the chart for my birthday and it will go back to her when completed since there are a couple of Star Wars fans at her house.  The fabric is much brighter in person.  Also, I'm working from right to left instead of right to left as I normally would.
Muriel
This is the second of my new starts.  It's Muriel from Mill Hill's Hocus Pocus Trilogy.  I stitched Mimi last month and it's being stitched for the Year Round Trick or Treating SAL in Stitch Mania.
Bunny
 The last of my new starts is a bunny from Woodland Friends from the Crazy Kids section of an older issue of Cross Stitch Crazy.  I'm stitching this on 14-count white Aida with the called for DMC although I'm contemplating a color change on some of the flowers.  I stitched this on Tuesday while my granddaughter had her Vision Therapy session.

Recap of January
I stitched on eight projects in January, seven of them new starts with two finishes.  I also had three mini-finishes (the final border, December and January circles on the Fantasy SAL.

1 comment:

Bea said...

Excellent progress on Trees and wonderful starts on the new pieces.