Friday, September 22, 2017

Two More Finishes

I'm continuing to alternate Mill Hill kits with the free cover kits from some UK magazines.  Once I put Santa's Secret aside earlier this week, I picked up Buttercup Kitty by Mill Hill which had already been started.

Buttercup Kitty
Started:8/30/2017
Finished: 9/18/2017

This was stitched with the materials in the kit, although I did use two strands for the cross stitching instead of three.  I also used beads for the eyes instead of french knots and I just noticed that she's  missing her whiskers.

I let my granddaughter go through my stash of Mill Hill ornaments and pick one for me to stitch her.  She chose this one and once I find out if she wants a pin, a magnet or an ornament, I'll FFO it and give it to her.

This kit is from 1995 and it's amazing how much the instructions have changed.  Also, all of the beads were done with a half cross stitch, even the petite ones, and there is no treasure.

Once this was completed, I picked out a cover kit to work on.  
Happy Birthday Hedgehog
Started: 9/19/2017
Finished 9/21/2017

This is the free cover kit that came with World of Cross Stitching #258 and I knew immediately that I wanted to stitch it.  It's stitched as charted with the materials in the kit. 

It will be FFO'd and put in my box of unknown purpose.  My daughter is doing a craft boutique in early November and I'm planning to place all of the items still in the box in a basket on her table to see if anyone will buy them.

Next up - Wanda's Hat from Mill Hill

No comments: