Friday, December 15, 2017

Christmas Fun

When Janice, Kyleigh and Devin came over to help set up the Christmas tree, Janice showed me some ornaments she planned to have Kyleigh's Girl Scout troop make when they were going to learn how to recycle everyday items into Christmas ornaments. One of the projects involved painting light bulbs and making them into ornaments.  I suggested that Grandpa might have some light bulbs he'd be willing to let her use.  I took this picture to show David what she did with them.



Kyleigh and I have a tradition that on the last day of school before Christmas. Since she gets off at noon, I take her to buy a couple of toys and then we go Stuff A Bus at the Honda Center.  There are several other activities there including a Video Games Bus and free food.  

This year the Stuff A Bus event takes place today and Kyleigh will be going home with her dad right after school; also school doesn't get out for Christmas break until next Wednesday.  So instead of stuffing a bus, we did something else instead, but it still involved shopping and donating toys.

I volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House in Orange and they're having a Holiday Party for all the kids who have families that stayed at the house this past year.  Currently, they're having a toy drive to provide toys for the party.  

I picked Kyleigh up after school yesterday and we went to Target to buy some toys.  She picked out five items--two for a boy and three for a girl--and I only went over my budget by seven dollars.  When we took them to the House, the Volunteer Coordinator took us to see their Snoopy Tree that someone had donated for the Christmas season.  Of course, I had to take pictures.



No comments: