Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!


We spent New Years Eve at home, snacking on chips and dip and watching Star Trek Voyager reruns.  Our friends Dunstan and Miranda called at 9:00 to wish us a Happy New Year and catch up on the past year.  They used to call every year at midnight, but because we're all getting older, they now call at 9:00 (midnight on the east coast).  We had a long conversation with them and are planning to meet for lunch sometime soon.  We were in bed, but still awake at midnight when the fireworks at Disneyland celebrated the new year.  I don't remember them being so long and loud though.

Today has been pretty much a normal day.  I did go grocery shopping since we were out of milk and low on eggs, bread, etc.  We've taped the Rose Parade, but so far have only watched the Preview and Countdown shows.  We'll probably watch the parade tomorrow.

I've just finished reading "Thursdays at Eight" by Debbie Macomber.  It's about a year in the lives of four women at various stages in their lives who meet for breakfast every Thursday morning.  One thing they did was choose a word to describe what they wanted their year to be.  Their choices were faithfulness, time, gratefulness and acceptance.  After thinking about it for awhile, I chose accomplishment to be my word for this year.

What do I want to accomplish?  Lots of things: lose weight, get my blood sugar under control, declutter my house and the motorhome, get control of my finances and lots of cross stitching among other things.  I also have some health issues that need to be addressed.  Will I accomplish any of these things?  I don't know, but I'm going to try. 

That being said, I haven't made any resolutions or other plans for this year.  That's not entirely true, because I have made some stitching plans.  I am rejoining the Christmas Ornie SAL and am planning to stitch a sampler for the Ronald McDonald House SAL and Santa's Quintet for the Dimensions Kit SAL on Cross Stitch Frog Busters..  I'm also going to continue stitching for WOCS.  Other than that, we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: